The Ministry of Defense (MoD) confirmed that the Afghan forces sustained casualties while responding to a Taliban attack in North-eastern Badakhshan province.

According to a statement released by MoD, the Taliban militants attacked the security check posts in Jurm district of Badakhshan on Friday night.

The statement further added that the security forces responded to the attack and managed to repulse the offensive on many outposts, while being in a defensive mode.

However, the Ministry of Defense said the security forces were forced to retreat from 4 security outposts during which they sustained casualties.

Without disclosing further information regarding the exact number of casualties, the Ministry of Defense said, adding that it would publicize the exact casualties figure soon.

Meanwhile, the Ministry of Defense said the security forces also inflicted casualties on assailant militants during the clashes.

The Taliban group has not commented regarding the clashes so far.

Author

  • The Khaama Press News Agency is the leading and largest English news service for Afghanistan with over 3 million hits a month. Independent authors/columnists and experts are welcome to contribute stories, opinions and editorials. Send stories to [email protected]