The governor’s office in Nangarhar in a statement said a group of militants launched a coordinated attack on the urban education directorate in the 5th police district of the city at around 9am local time.
The statement further added that the Afghan forces managed to end the siege after eliminating all the militants involved in the attack.
According to the provincial government, at least ten people lost their lives in the attack and as many have sustained injuries.
The dead body of the victim has been shifted to the provincial hospital along with ten others who sustained injuries in the attack.
No individual or group has so far claimed responsibility behind the attack.
This comes as at least ten people were killed and four others sustained injuries in a suicide attack in Jalalabad city on Tuesday morning.
The provincial government media office in a statement said the incident took place at around 10am local time on Tuesday in the vicinity of the 6th police district of the city.
The statement further added that the attack left at least eight civilians and two security personnel dead while two security personnel and two civilians sustained injuries.