At least eight foreign militants were killed in the latest drone strike in eastern Nangarhar province of Afghanistan, the military officials said Thursday.

The 201st Silab Corps officials said the airstrikes were carried out on Wednesday in the vicinity of the restive Achin district.

The officials further added that the militants were targeted in the vicinity of Mamand Margha, leaving eight dead.

According to the Silab Corps officials, the militants killed during the airstrikes were likely hailing from the Pakistan.

The anti-government armed militant groups including the Taliban and ISIS militants have not commented regarding the report so far.

In the meantime, the Silab Corps officials said the airstrikes did not incur any casualties to the local residents and security personnel based in the area.

The latest drone strike takes place amid ongoing violence among the Taliban and ISIS militants in Nangarhar province as heavy clashes continue between the two sides since the last few days.

Several militants have been killed or wounded during the clashes as reports indicate that clashes have also taken place between the two sides in the neighboring Laghman province.