The Ministry of Defense (MoD) in a statement said Wednesday that the operations were jointly conducted by the Afghan security forces.
The statement further added that 21 suspects were arrested and a would-be suicide bomber was among those held by the Afghan forces.
The majority of the militants were killed in northern Kunduz province, MoD said, adding that 8 militant including the group’s commander identified as Abu Bakar was killed.
In another operation in Paktika province, 6 militants were killed, while 6 militants affiliated with the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) terrorist group were killed in Nangarhar province.
MoD also added that 6 militants were killed in another operation in Tagab district of northeastern Badakhshan province, while 3 militants were killed, 4 were injured in Ghani and Helmand provinces.
According to MoD, at least 5 soldiers of the Afghan National Army (ANA) forces also lost their lives during the operations.
The anti-government armed militant groups have not commented regarding the operations so far.