A gas cylinder exploded in a house in the Ghani Khail district of Nangarhar province on Tuesday night, killing five members of the family and injuring two others.

Attaullah Khogyani, the spokesman to the Nangarhar governor, said a gas cylinder had exploded in a house in the Ghani Khail district of the province last night, the incident leaving five people including children dead and two others are wounded.

With the onset of the cold and chilly seasons, people use different types of flammables, some people use gas combustions and are not attentive to it.

A gas cylinder can be as dangerous as an IED because the amount of pressure inside the cylinder tries to escape and upon the explosion, it turns the gas cylinder itself into tiny pieces of metal shrapnel which can be extremely dangerous.

Earlier in November, Chief Executive Officer of Khurshid TV, Mohammad Rafi Rafiq Sediqi, along with his colleague was killed by inhaling gas fumes.

Author

  • Mohammad Haroon Alim holds a BBA degree from Kardan University. He works as a sub-editor for Khaama Press.