At least forty civilians were killed and twenty-one others were wounded in Taliban-led insurgency in the past four days, the security sources said Wednesday.

“Over the last 4 days, the Taliban have been responsible for a number of civilian casualties. Women and children are included in these numbers,” the informed military source said.

The sources further added that 5 civilians were killed in South-eastern Khost province, 5 civilians were killed and 2 others were wounded in Baghlan province, 4 civilians were wounded in Helmand province, 6 others were wounded in Nangarhar province, 3 civilians were killed and 2 others were wounded in Faryab province, 7 killed and 7 others wounded in Herat province.

According to security officials, at least 20 civilians were also killed in Taliban-led insurgency in Ghor province.

The Taliban militants’ group has not commented regarding the civilian casualties so far.