The Independent Election Commission (IEC) officials on Sunday announced that the registration process of presidential candidates for the upcoming election formally closed on Sunday evening.
IEC officials called the enrolment process a major achievement after 22 candidates formally filed nominations for 2014 presidential elections.
Mohammad Yousuf Nuristani, Independent Election Commission (IEC) chief formally announced the closing of candidates registration process, and said 18 candidates have filed nomination for the presidential elections until 4pm today, which was the deadline of the registration process.
Mr. Nuristani further added that six other candidates have applied for candidacy before the deadline of the registration process and their applications have been accepted by IEC. However, he said that no more applications will be accepted after 4pm today.
In the meantime, Zial-ul-Haq Amar Khel, IEC secretariat chief said 2,360 candidates have nominated for provincial council elections, which includes 273 women.
Mr. Amar Khel called the registration process of candidates successful and said that participation of female candidates was satisfactory and they have received enough applications from women as it was predicted.
List of the presidential candidates, first and second vice-presidents (VP) to run 2014 presidential elections include:
- Dr. Abdullah Abdullah, First VP – Eng. Mohammad Khan, Second VP – Haji Mohammad Mohaqiq.
- Abdul Rahim Wardak, First VP – Abdul Ahad Afzali, Second VP – Syed Hussain Anwari.
- Hashmat Ghani Ahmadzai, First VP – Abdullah Baromand, Second VP – Eng. Mohammad Abid.
- Qotbuddin Helal, First VP – Enayatullah Enayat, Second VP – Second VP – Mohammad Ali Sakhizada.
- Dil Aqa Kohdamani, First VP – Zalmai Hamraz, Second VP – Torpekai Azizi.
- Syed Ishaq Gilani, First VP – Zakeria Noori, Second VP – Shaima Esmati.
- Fazal Karim Najimi, First VP – Sabir Tamkin, Second VP – Susan Hajati.
- Bismillah She, First VP – Mohammad Hassan Tawhidi, Second VP – Iskandar Khan Hussain.
- Dr. Ashraf Ghani Ahmad, First VP – Abdul Rashid Dostum, Second VP – Sarwar Danish.
- Sarwar Ahmadzai, First VP – Dr. Abdul Rahman, Second VP – Eng. Quraishi.
- Hamidullah Qaderi, First VP – Mohammad Arif Baraki, Second VP – Humaira Haqmal.
- SArdar Mohammad Nadir, First vP – Taj Mohammad Akbar, Second VP – Azizullah Pooya.
- Dr. Zalmai Rasoul, First VP – Ahmad Zia Massoud, Second VP – Dr. Habiba Surabi.
- Daud Sultanzoi, First VP – Ahmad Sayeedi, Second VP – Fatima Sadat.
- Qayum Karzai, First VP – Wahidullah Shahrani, Second VP – Ibrahim Qasemi.
- Gul Agha Sherzai, First VP – Syed Hussain Alemi Balkhi, Second VP – Mohammad Hashim Zareh.
- Azizullah Ludin, First VP – Abbas Karimi, Second VP – Gen. Hamidullah Rahimi.
- Khadija Ghaznawi, First VP – Gen. Mohammad Qasim Fayezi, Second VP – Gen. Khair Mohammad Barez.
- Dr. Ahadi, First VP – Hashmatullah Mojadidi, Second VP – Ismail Qasemyar.
- Hedayat Amin Arsalan, First VP – Gen. Khudaidad, Second VP – Safia Sediqi.
- Abdul Rab Rassoul Sayyaf, First VP – Ismail Khan, Second VP – Abdul Wahab.
- Sulaiman Ali Dostzada, First VP – Yousuf Amin Zazai, Second VP – Aziza Rahban Wardak.
- Dr. Farooq Azam, First VP – Abdul Ghani, Second VP – Ahmadshah.
- Nader Shah Ahmadzai, First VP – Faiz Mohammad Daqiq, Second VP – Qadam Ali Khadem.
- Abdul Hadi Dabir, First VP – Syed Amrullah Padshah, Second VP – Nisar Ahmad Khair Andish.
- Dawar Ahmad Nadem, First VP – Mohammad Hassan Safi, Second VP – Hosai Andar .
- Noor-ul-Lewal, First VP – Ahmad Jan Nazari, Second VP – Rafiullah Afghani.
To who it may concern:
This is Mohammad Nadir Saeedi S/O Shah Wali one of the provincial candidates from Faryab Province.The reason of writing this letter is to make a complaint letter regarding one of the Faryab provincial candidate named as Hajji Abdul Karim S/O Abdul Nabi has been nominated to the provincial election of Faryab province.
I am delighted not to insult but to report Mr.Hajji Karim is not a suitable person for this provincial election session. Hajji Karim is deficient of being an uneducated man and having a fake,made high school diploma as have heard and have seen.I kindly urge the responsible to investigate and t have him removed from this independent election of not being a fair person.
Thank you for your attention,