The incident took place late Wednesday evening in a private restaurant in Kandahar city, leaving at least 3 people dead and 22 others injured.
Provincial police chief, Gen. Abdul Razaq confirming the report said the victims of the incident are all innocent civilians.
In the meantime officials in provincial hospital said at least 22 people were injured and 3 others were killed following the explosion.
Reports also suggest that Afghan police forces have launched an operation to detain two more suicide bombers who have entered the city to carry out suicide attacks.
No group including the Taliban militants has so far claimed responsibility behind the incident