Rocket attack kill 3 young football players in Kandahar province
By Ghanizada - Sat Jan 18 2014, 8:21 pm
According to local authorities in southern Kandahar province of Afghanistan, at least three people were killed and four others were injured following a rocket attack on a football ground in Maiwan district.
Provincial governor spokesman, Javid Faisal confirming the report said, militants fired a rocket on a football ground, leaving three people dead and four others injured.
Mr. Faisal further added that the incident took place around 6pm local time, and three of the injured individuals are in critical health condition.
He said the boys were busy playing football when a rocket fired by militants landed in the football ground.
No group including the Taliban militants has so far claimed responsibility behind the incident.
Meanwhile, at least three people were injured in a separate incident in Spin Boldak district of Kandahar province, after an explosive device planted on a cycle went off.
Kandahar is among the restive provinces in southern Afghanistan, where Taliban militants are openly operating in its various districts.