Officials visit Iran to probe killing of Afghans by Iranian forces
By Sayed Jawad - Sun May 12 2013, 10:41 am
Provincial governor spokesman Akram Khpalwak said the governor of Farah province accompanied by a delegation of the Afghan officials will visit Iran today to investigate the killing of Afghans by Iranian security forces.
Mr. Khpalwak further added Iranian officials have confirmed dead bodies of four Afghans and six others who have been injured are in Iran.
According to the Iranian officials around fifteen others have also been arrested.
Around 300 Afghan labors reportedly entered Iran illegally from western Farah province of Afghanistan, and were attacked by Iranian security forces.
Interior ministry officials have confirmed at least ten Afghans have been killed after Iranian security forces opened fire on the group of Afghan labors.
Sediq Sediq, spokesman for hte interior ministry of Afghanistan said around twelve others have also been injured following the incident.
This comes as around 23 Afghans were shot dead by Iranian border protection security forces last year.