NATO commander strongly condemn Kapisa suicide bombing
By Sadaf Shinwari - Sat Jan 26 2013, 9:04 am
According to a statement released by ISAF, “Insurgents attacked an ISAF convoy with a vehicle borne improvised explosive device this morning in Tagab district, Kapisa province.
At this time there are no reports of ISAF fatalities or injuries, but initial reports indicate the blast killed and injured several Afghan civilians.”
“We strongly condemn this latest brutal act of violence by the insurgents,” said Gen. John Allen, ISAF commander.
“This attack, along with the more than 3,400 innocent civilians who died at the hands of insurgents last year, underscores that the innocent people of Afghanistan are the real
victims of these senseless murders. This attack reaffirms my long held conviction that the insurgents have no respect or regard for the Afghan people”, Allen said.
According to Afghan police officials a suicide car bomber has killed five civilians and wounded another 25 in a botched attempt to hit a convoy of NATO supply trucks in eastern
In the meantime the Ministry of Interior said in a statement that the bomber instead rammed into a residential home, killing those inside. It says four of the dead were from the
Taliban group claimed responsibility behind the attack and said at least 12 NATO soldiers were killed and two of their tanks were completely damaged following the attack.