ISIS threatens targeting Britain
By Khaama Press - Mon Jan 25 2016, 11:44 am
The terrorist group of the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (ISIS) has released a new video showing nine militants who purportedly carried out a string of attacks in Paris last year in which more than 200 people were killed and wounded.
The video which is said to have been filmed somewhere in Syria shows the militants beheading prisoners and giving their final speeches.
“These are the last messages of the nine lions of the caliphate who were mobilised from their lairs to make a whole country, France, get down on its knees,” a narrator in the video said.
The attackers are identified in the video by noms de guerre referring to their nationalities – three French, four Belgian and two Iraqis, referred to as Ali al-Iraqi and Ukashah al-Iraqi.
The video also shows footage of British Prime Minister David Cameron expressing solidarity with the French people after the attacks, and concluded by flashing a slogan on the screen saying: “Whoever stands in the ranks of kafir (infidels) will be a target for our swords.”
Reuters news agency reports that the authenticity of the video could not be independently verified which showed the men delivering anti-Western diatribes and concluded with an apparent threat to attack Britain.
The French Foreign Ministry declined to comment on the video uploaded to Islamic State’s official Telegram channel.
On November 13, eight to nine attackers targeted six sites in Paris, including a stadium where a soccer match was going on between France and Germany.
The attacks left at least 153 people killed and over 100 others wounded.