800 militants launch attacks in various districts of Helmand
By Ghanizada - Wed Jun 25 2014, 3:34 pm
Provincial governor spokesman, Omar Zwak said the clashes have spread to Mosa Qala, Kajaki and Nawzad districts.
Zwak called on government to deploy further troops in order to take control and maintain security in the named districts.
He said around 800 militants have taken part in the battle against the Afghan security forces in Sangin, Nawzad, Mosa Qala and Kajaki districts.
According to Zwak, at least 45 civilians and 21 Afghan security forces have been killed during the clashes in this province.
Zwak said several militants have also been killed during the gunbattle; however, he said the exact number is not clear so far.